Sunday, January 23, 2011

So much to blog about!

There's been a lot going on around here these days, and I'm definitely going to blog about it all over the next week or so.  I can't wait to share everything with you all!  :)  Here's what's coming up:
  • 36 week survey/bump pic
  • Nursery sneak peek!  Mostly everything is set up and ready to go...I just need to decorate the walls, dresser, etc.
  • We finally picked a name!!  :D
  • Pictures from my baby shower
So, those are the few big things going on.  Of course, I'm sure I'll throw in lots of random-ness/rambling on top of all of that.  And, as a new mom, I have about 3094 questions for all you veteran moms out there that know what you're doing.  ;-)  I actually plan on packing my hospital bag today (again, where has the time gone?!  I'm packing my bag already??  Craziness!), and I want to make sure I have everything I need/want in there.  I'm definitely the type-A personality, so I know I'll probably pack WAY too much...but, I'd rather be prepared than not.  

Any suggestions for things I should definitely bring to the hospital??  Anything that I don't need to bother bringing?  Any help/suggestions would be great! 

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!  :-)

4 comments:

basebell6 said...

i know there are lists on the internet that are miles long of what to bring but honestly, all i really needed was clothes to go home in for me and baby, my camera, my phone, and generic toiletries like hairbrush / toothbruth / etc. i lived in the hospital gown so i didnt need jammies, undies, or whatnot. never felt up to getting dressed until the day i went home!

Annie said...

Cant wait to hear the name!! You are so close :)

Be sure to pack you hairdryer, make up etc....I felt much better after getting cleaned up and done-up to look like myslef again. Chap stick is a must...so dry in the hospital! Phone charger...camera :) You know...all of the necessities!!

So excited for you!

Meant to be a mom said...

I can't wait to see all these posts. HURRY!!

As far as what to bring. Some comfy clothes you plan to be seen in by tons of people :) That would be first.
Toothbrush, breast pads, a good nursing bra or two.
Your own pillow, Bathrobe, and panties-old lady high waisted panties. You never know if your going to have a c-section (Just in case).
Hmm that might be all. Don't bother with hair things and makeup. Most likely you won't care nor have time to care weather you have makeup on. But maybe I'm wrong? I'm a huge makeup get ready every day girl and I just blew it off completely in the hospital. But maybe you might want your own shampoo and conditioner.
All the items that they tell you to bring as far as down below the hospital will provide. So leave pads and such home.

The Barker's said...

I'm anxious to read up on what you end up packing as well! We're 10 weeks away and I can't believe it. The time flies, doesn't it?!?

But from what my friends have said recently, they said to pack a pacifier (if you plan to use them) and swaddle blankets. Are you familiar with those? They have velcro and are much easier to wrap the baby in than those thick hospital blankets.

As for the rest, I'm anxiously awaiting to see what others say on your blog!