Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be thankful for lately, I had to make a whole post about it.  I feel like such a lucky girl!!  ;-)
  • Of course, I'm SO thankful for my husband and beautiful daughter, and our little family.  I love 'us', and couldn't ask for anything better.
  •  I'm also so thankful that Isabella knows when to give mommy and daddy a little break.  Like, even though she was crying/fussy all day yesterday, and barely napped, she slept for over 7 hours straight last night!!  Pure heaven.  
  • I'm thankful that breastfeeding has been going SO well for both B and me.  *knock on wood*  Even though it was so tough at first, and hurt like hell, it's been getting better and better every day, and it's actually starting to hurt a lot less now.  Yay! 
  • Speaking of breastfeeding...I'm so thankful that pumping has also been going well!  I just started yesterday, so I'm no pro or anything yet, but, I was able to get 3-4 oz. out of both sessions that I did!  I'm pretty excited about that.  And, I can't wait to be able to build up a good stash so I can send Bella to daycare with breastmilk instead of formula...and now Daddy can start to feed B, as well.  :-)
  • I'm thankful that all of our animals have been doing so great since Isabella came home.  They've been pretty calm about everything, and only really get whiny and antsy (the dogs, at least.  Fozzie Bear could care less that she's there) when she's crying a lot.  But, it's more of a 'why-is-she-crying-please-make-her-feel-better' whine, rather than being upset/mad that she's crying.  They want her to be happy.  :-)
Ok, Little Miss is waking up from her nap, so I have to run!  I definitely have more to be thankful for, but, I can't think off the top of my head right now.  If I get a chance, I'll add more later!

Only one more day until Friday, and that means lots of Daddy/family time!  Yay!!

Oh, and of course, I can't do a post without a picture or two of my little cutie...

Dressed up pretty for Daddy's birthday
Such a good girl, just hanging out in her swing

7 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

glad to hear everything is going so wonderful for your little family!! yay for pumping out so much milk! your little one is just precious!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my gosh, she's just as cute as they come. Seriously that first picture of her in the red. ADORABLE!
I'm so so glad all is going great and that she slept so well last night :) YAY!!! It is amazing what a good nights rest can do for a tired mama.

Melissa said...

Glad everything is going well! I'm kind of afraid of breast feeding because I know it's going to hurt A LOT, but it will be worth it!

Annie said...

7 hours straight?!!? That is awesome. Livi is 14 weeks and has never done that!! Jealous...

ALSO jealous of your 3-4 oz. pump sessions....I was never able to do that either :(

good for you!!

Lauren said...

love this. so glad pumping is going well for ya & she's sleeping so great. she's such a doll!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Such a cutie! Congrats again to both of you!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

yeah to happy breast feeding!