Tuesday, September 20, 2011

6 months!

Technically, she's now 6 1/2 months old...but, who's counting?  (PS - I started writing this post, like, a week ago.  How awful is that?!  I need to work on this, I know.)

I cannot believe my baby girl is already half a year old!!  Honestly, I can't take how quickly babies grow.  Time just needs to S-L-O-W down...please.  Mama's going to have a nervous breakdown just thinking about it. 

Seriously though, the difference between 5-6 months has been amazing!  Isabella is learning and changing SO quickly all of a sudden!  It was literally like, the day she hit 6 months - BAM, everything changed.  I've been told that the difference in changes from 0-6 months to 6-12 months in crazy.  She's just to be hitting milestones all over the place now!  Well, at least I hope she is.  ;-)  But, if not, I'm ok with that.  That means she'll stay my little baby just a little bit longer. 

Things going on with Bella this month:

~  Officially in size 3 dipes now

~  Wears mostly 6 month, or 3-6 month clothing now.  Some 3 month stuff still fits, but, it's on it's last wear.  

~  Weighs just 14lbs 2 oz, as of her 6 month appointment last week.  My little peanut.  But, she's growing...slowly, but surely, and that's all that matters to me (and her Dr.)

~  I *think* she's about 26 inches in length (I'm a horrible mom!  I can't remember.)

~  Finally started eating some solids!  Yay!  So far, she loves pears (I actually have the cutest video that I'll post of her all excited about her pears), and is mostly a fan of sweet potatoes...but, we'll see how long that one lasts.  She loved bananas for the first two days or so, and then she started gagging on them.  lol  And avocado?  She would barely even open her mouth for them!  And, she gagged on those, too.  So, we're 2/2 so far!

 ~  She also finally sitting up all by herself!  It's so cute!  She's still a little wobbly, and I definitely wouldn't leave her alone sitting up, but she's getting there.  

 ~  She has so many new babble words now, including DADA!  Well, it's more like 'dadadada', but it's still so adorable.  We're still working on Mama, but, it's not looking so good.  ;-)  Hey moms, what did you count your baby's first word as?  Does babbling 'dadadada' count?  Or is it when they actually say a word intentionally??

She's SO close to rolling over from her back to her belly.  She gets pretty much all the way over, but, her arms gets stuck under her belly and she can't seem to pull it out.  We're getting there, though!

~  She's STILL swaddled.  Yep.  Ridic, I know.  But hey, that's they only way she sleeps so well right now, so I don't mind.  Well-rested baby = well-rested Mama!  ;-)

(I added a few 5 month pics, as well, since I didn't post those yet.)

Silly girl

Somebody loves her bink!
Ahhh, sweet relief  :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet! I can't believe she's 6 months old already!

I just started re-swaddling Landon because he wasn't sleeping. I don't care how long he needs it as long as he sleeps :)

I do find it funny that my almost 4 month old is in the same size clothes and diapers as your girl and weighs more. That's saying my kid is huge, not that your girl is small :)

Lindsey said...

So precious! I love her headbands, so cute!