Tuesday, June 1, 2010

**Weekend Update**

Can I start off by saying that I can't believe it's almost Wednesday already!  I love that this week is flying by!  That makes me a happy girl.  :o)

So, let's talk about my weekend....

Friday night Hubs and I drove up to Boston for our first Red Sox game of the season!  Super exciting and fun, right??  Ha, yeah...that trip ended up being a big fat FAIL.  I was absolutely starving on our drive up to the game, so we decided to stop at Dunkin Donuts to get some coffee, and I also got a grilled cheese flat bread sammy.  *barf*  Trust me, don't ever order one of those sandwiches from there...EVER.  For realz.  Let's just say, I ended up spending about 75% of the game sitting my arse on the toilet, feeling like I was D-Y-I-N-G.  It was awful.  And, to make matters worse....I had to endure two different train rides on the way home - one was about 10 minutes long, and then we had to switch to another T, which was about another 20 minutes long.  And then, we had to drive another 20 minutes back to our friend's house.  And when we finally made it back to her house, I spent about another hour or so in her bathroom.  LOL  Ohhhh man, was it a BAD night!  Let's just hope my next game in two weeks ends up with a much happier ending than this one did!  ;o)

There's some good news....we did end up getting a few good pictures in before I started feeling like death!  Yay!  :P

Here's a view from our seats....there really isn't a bad seat in the house.  Love Fenway!



 Hubs and me:



On Saturday we went to a BBQ at one of our good friend's house down the street from us.  I still wasn't feeling so hot earlier in the day, so I slept in and went to the party a little later in the day.  And of course, what does everyone say to me the second I walk in door??  "Erika, how are you feeling?!  ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!"  Seriously guys...trust me, you'd know if I was pregnant.  Ha!  There would be no hiding it.  So, I ended up having to down a beer (or two) to prove that I wasn't pregnant....good times!  (Speaking of being pregnant...can anyone tell me what the H is going on with my chart up there?!  Did I ovulate yet??  Why the heck did I have so many darn +OPK's this cycle?!  Geeeeez.  I guess only time will tell.)

On Sunday, we relaxed for most of the day and ran some errands, and then we went back to our friend's house to finish up the food/beer they had from the night before.  We played games and sat around the fire pit talking...it was such a fun, low key night!  I love nights like that.  :o)

Then on Monday we spend the day on another one of our friend's boat.  Our friend's parents live on a lake around here, so we all hung out on her boat for the day and then went out to dinner afterward.  It was another great day, with perfect weather again!

Overall, it was an awesome weekend (minus Friday night, of course!), and I wish every weekend could be that fun and relaxing at the same time.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures on any other day....hopefully next time!  I'm sure there will be many more fun weekends like that this summer.  I can't wait!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Only 3 more days until Friday!  ;o)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you were sick part of the weekend, that's no fun!

This is the month for messed up charts! I NEVER got a positive OPK, yet my chart thinks I ovulated on CD 15, which is the earliest I've ever ovulated. My temps have been wacky and it's all a mess. I don't get it, but my test date is Sunday, so we shall see :P

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!! I will NEVER get a grilled cheese sandwich from DD! Thanks for the heads up!

I'm sooo glad this week is FLYING BY!

The Undomestic Mom said...

glad your feeling better! love the pic of you and your hubs!

Hilary said...

"I'm sleepy." "Are you pregnant?"
"I don't feel good." "Are you pregnant?"
"I don't really want a cup of coffee today." "Is it because you're pregnant?"

One of these days, I'm just going to start telling everyone "yes" just for the heck of it!

Hope you're feeling a lot better!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good weekend. But yuck to the Friday stomach problems. thank goodness it only lasted that day.

Those pictures look really fun of the stadium.

Is there any way your pg? Because you never know?

Heather said...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry you were sick part of the weekend. Nothing can ruin a good time like stomach problems can. I'm glad you are feeling better though :).

Your pictures of the game are awesome!!

MaryAnne said...

Ugh, that sounds horrible. I will def never get one of those sammies now. Glad you are feeling better and still got to enjoy most of your weekend.

And I think your chart looks pretty good. Mine is seriously a mess this month - again.

carissa said...

minus the sick part, it sounds likes a fabulous weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate when I get sick like that from something I ate. It's embarrassing and incredibly annoying. I'm glad you're feeling better though and the rest of your weekend went well!