Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And, we have a new doctor!!

I'm so happy/relieved/excited!  We had an appointment with one of the doctors that a few friends of mine had recommended, and everything went great!  The Dr. we saw was very nice and so informative...he actually took the time to explain everything, and just made me feel instantly comfortable.  It was weird, honestly.  I never felt that way with my last practice, and I've never had a male doctor either, so I figured it would make me UNcomfortable.  Nope, not at all.

And, the ultrasound tech that did our ultrasound was amazing, too!  Before she even started, she turned the computer screen so I could see everything that was going on in there (during my 'after bleeding scare' ultrasound, I never even got to see the bean once b/c they u/s lady never turned the screen towards me.  And, she was stone faced the WHOLE time...like, never even cracked a smile.  Definitely not winning 'Friendliest Tech of the Year' award, that's for sure!)  So, her doing something as simple as that made me so happy.  And, she printed out a whole bunch of pictures for us, too...again, without me asking!  I was sold after that.  :-)

So, yay!  I'm pretty psyched.  I have an appointment with one of the nurse midwives on August 5th to go over everything that will happen throughout the entire pregnancy, and all their policies and procedures.  Hopefully that appointment goes as well as today's!  And, I also have to make an appointment in the next 2/3 weeks for the NT scan.  Seriously, where is the time going?!  I can't believe I'm going to be 11 weeks at the end of this week already.  It's crazy!

Here's 2 of the best pictures from today's ultrasound (the head is on the right in both pics.)  The 2nd pic has the baby's heart-rate at the bottom of it.  It's hard to tell, but I though it was kind of neat.  Oh, and at one point, she did a close up of the baby's little legs and feet.  It was SO cute!  I could almost tell if we were having a boy or girl from that close up....almost.  ;-)


15 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm glad you found a new doctor!! Since he's a guy, do you think if you weren't pregnant it would be more awkward? I know that's a weird question! I feel like if you're pregnant, having someone all up in your va-jay-jay is a little LESS awkward than when you're not. That could be COMPLETELY off, but that's the thought of someone who's never been pregnant, haha. I'd like to switch doctors, but all the doctors around are men & I just don't know if I could do it!

Caitrin said...

So glad to hear you are loving your new doctor! Yay! And love that you were able to get some good ultrasound pics!

Aimee said...

Glad you got a fantastic new doctor and that everyone at the practice is nice. It is very important to have the best, or so I have heard, during this time.

Im even happier to hear that everything is well with you and the little bean

Unknown said...

So glad you like the new doctor - that's one of the most important things! And, I've always had a male OB and love it! Yay for getting to see the baby again!

B said...

Awww, hello little one! :) So glad that you found a new doctor and are satisfied. I was nervous when I started going to my doctor (who is a male) but he is great.

Neely said...

Yay for new Dr! And hello little baby B!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Cute pictures of the little one!

Shelby Bukhenik said...

I am in shock that the woman didn't show you the monitor! When I went to all of mine the tech had a monitor of her own and on the wall was the monitor for me to watch. You she never have to ask for a picture either! Glad to hear you have a new doctor you like, because thats so important!

Congrats!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aw so glad you found a great doctor! I'd totally be applauded at the last one by not showing you the screen! Hello isn't that the point of the ultrasound. You want to see you baby.

Mateya said...

What a relief to have a new Dr. that you like!

Love the pictures :)

Annie said...

awww...I betthat makes you feel SO much better!! Having a good Dr. and staff will make the whole pregnancy so much more enjoyable!! yay...and yay for the pictures :)

The Undomestic Mom said...

Im so glad you found a new dr! Love the baby pics!!!!

Brittany said...

I'm so happy you found a new dr. that you're comfortable with! :) Those pictures are so cute. Baby is so tiny :)

Zabrinah said...

Awesome! I love this. Your voice really comes through the writing.

I adore the entire concept of your blog!

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

Jen said...

So glad to hear you are liking your new doctor! That's so important! Fun pics :)