Monday, January 16, 2012

Diet Coke no more

Yep, I did it.  I quit Diet Coke.  I've been a die-hard DC fan since, I don't know...I was 5.  And, I finally gave it up.

I recently came across this article, and it really just sealed the deal for me. 

I mean, I knew that soda in general wasn't good for me.  And, I also knew that diet sodas were just as bad as regular, with all the artificial crap in there...but, they just tasted SO good to me.  Like, I literally crave Diet Coke sometimes.  It's bad. 

But, as of today...I've been DC free for 5 days now.  That's HUGE, people.  This is coming from the girl who used to have at least one glass/can of DC a day.  Usually more like 2-3 glasses...especially if I had it in my fridge at home. 

I'm really hoping this will make me feel less bloated throughout the day.  It really is amazing to me the difference in the size of my stomach from the time I wake up, to the time I go to bed.  (I'm a huge salt fan, too, so that doesn't help!)  And, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll even lose a little weight.  ;)  We will see!

Now, I just hope I can keep this up and don't slip!!  **fingers crossed**

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck! I stopped drinking it when I was pregnant and missed it so much! I really only have it when we go out to dinner, which happens less and less now that Landon is going to bed at a decent time.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Way to go! I've never liked soda I've never been tempted to drink it. But girl I love salt. :/

Traci said...

I love Diet Coke but I know it's soooo bad. I started craving it when I was pregnant, so weird. When I got pregnant again I quit drinking it but now I'm about half way done with this pregnancy and I'm craving it again today. I bought a 6 pack of the little cans today.

Mateya said...

Good for you! I'm not a soda drinker, but after being pregnant I crave coke or pepsi...so weird! Hoping it doesn't continue!